Sunday, October 26, 2008

Transcendentalism

This is the piece the I wrote for my creative writing class; on transcendentalism. I just wanna share and don't hesitate to criticize!

The rocky hills, broken twigs and shattered autumn leaves. The cold, chilly mountain breeze. Dark white clouds hanging over the sky. As I reach the top, I stood at the edge of the mountain, on a big rock, look over what’s surrounding me. Lakes that run through the hills, colored hills and mountains, green, red, orange and brown. The sun didn’t dare to shine. Memories poured into my consciousness as I open my violet book and write…

Quiet…
Leaves crackled
As the wind whispered
The trees wrapped me up
Taking me deep..deep..inside them

Thousands of years has these trees lives
Guarding the soil
Of our land
Alive, they are!
And so am I

Dear Millie
I’m here to let you know
That I’m safe and sound
Here I am
After our last hike together
Five years ago

God is looking after you, I believe…
After all of us
Never thought you’d get to see him first
Though in every sway of the trees
I could feel you

Here…
On the mountain side

No comments: