Sunday, October 19, 2008

Powder Puff Girls and Homecoming dance



Powder Puff Girls are not those green, orange and yellow little flying girls that save the planet, lol! They are the Juniors VS Seniors Girls Football Game last friday! Haha! It was kinda awkward, I think. But fun too. I don't like the name, though..Too girly. Well, despite the fact that a football injured me in Gym class, not that I am good at it either (Like I will ever be!) I wasn't in it. So, I just watched, which turned out to be really boring.
In this video, the girls who are in yellows are juniors, and hose in blacks are seniors. And that funny looking bear is our school mascot. The Golden Bear! Yeah!
Guess who won? The Seniors! (Not that I care.)

Anyway, after the game, we all went home. End of story.

The next day, Saturday, we prepared for the homecoming dance. Now, this is another American culture. I would say very American. After the last game of football is over, end of season, they have this dance at school. Which is called the homecoming dance. When I think about it, the name doesn't make any sense at all.
So, my friend, Lindsey, invited me and other exchange students in our area to come over to her house for the dance preparation and spend the night. And we did.
There were Lindsey, Kate, Spencer, Pat, Me, Cartoon, Pasca and Mohsina. And of course Lindsey's mum and her 3 little sister (they are very cute).
We had dinner together. Us, the foreigners cooked the dishes from our countries, and also them, the American. haha...pretty interesting. Kate made a dessert, death by chocolate! Oh, it was my favourite!
We then prepared dressing up. Lindsey lent me her dress, which I loved very much because it was blue, my favorite color, well apart from any others, and her shoes which matched the dress. Guess who did my hair?! Trudy, Lindsey's mum! She was very nice, I wasn't going to do anything with my hair, because I never do anything to it. She was great. With all these hair pins, combs, curler, hairspray, in almost half an hour or less, ta daa...! voila!
I was impressed, myself. haha..

So, we took lots of pictures and off we go to the dance. Pat drove the car (the guy in the green shirt) and we danced, basically. And that's it!! Loud musics, dresses, guys and girls and friends, whatever. We had fun. My feet hurts from all the dancing and jumping around and the high heels! aaghh! Although, I took my high heels off when I dance, but still. Apart from meeting friends and having fun with them, homecoming dance is basically just a place where you can go crazy!!
We got back almost midnight and I was exhausted! We all slept in the living room. I slept on the sofa. I didn't sleep until about 2 in the morning. We watched the Bee Movie and James Bond. I was totally dead that I wasn't really watching them.
That's it. Now I know what homecoming is. And there's gonna be a lot more dances to come! They have around 7 different dance each year. But basically, I get the idea. They really do work hard and party hard here!

Tomorrow, is field trip day!! Yeeaaayy!! We're gonna go hiking for our Nature Writing! What can be more fun than that?! Enjoy the nature and write! We're gonna spend the whole day! So, I won't study tomorrow at school. I just hope it won't be a long, high gike. My legs still hurt. I don't care. Who cares? haha..

3 comments:

Puspita Hapsari said...

Cantik banget lo dhil! hahaha cantikan gw tetep. Btw,Happy birthday! jangen gw ama lo ampe mau nangis!

Sondra Rosalina said...

nadhila, you're so beautiful with the blue dress ! oh GOD, the other side of dhila that i know with dress :D . have a great birthday dhil, i love youuu sayaaaaaaaaaaanggg :D

Nadhila said...

hadooohhh...iya itu, perut gw gendut bgt!