Thursday, November 6, 2008

THE Election



Interestingly and unsurprisingly (in my opinion), Obama won!! yuhuu!!
My American History teacher, today, began a conversation that made me excited!
Mr K: Did you see that Indonesia was on TV last night?
Me: No, I didn't. But my friend told me about it (The night before, Ibel called me and told me the news. He has TVs in his house)
Mr K: Yeah, they were reporting Obama's school when he lived in Indonesia
Brittany: Oh, is that the school you went to?
Me: (smiling so big) No, but it's still in the same city I lived in. But my friends' dad actually went to the same school as him!
Mr K: (smiling and laughing)
Tiffany: This might be a stupid question, but what language do you speak there?
Me: Indonesian. Haha... It's not a stupid question!
Mr K: Yeah.. There are a lot of languages being spoken there!
Brittany: Oh really? How many?
Me: Three hundred. (I remembered from one of the article I read. I hope I didn't give the wrong info).
Brittany: Wow!! That's a lot.
Others: bla..bla..

The bell rang.

Haha..it was interesting to be able to talk about your country in a different perspective.

Anyway,I actually VOTED at school! Well, it was just a "pretend" vote, but using the real machine!! I must admit the machine is REALLY cool!
Obama beated McCain by... I don't know. A lot! Most of the blue states (those states supported the democrats) are the northern states. Racism is still the issue, especially in the south which are mostly the red states (supported Republicans). As I study the American History, it became clear to me why that's still the status quo right now. The story has to go back to the Civil War!

I received a request that asked for an explanation on how this cool voting machine works. So, first, people signup in their local voting booth and attend the place which opens from 6 a.m to 9 p.m
Then, they line up in front of the machine, waiting for their turns. They must sign their name before entering the machine and vote, that way, no one will vote twice.
As soon as you enter the booth, you turn the handle in front of you sideways, and the curtain closes. Pull down the lever that says the candidate you're supporting for. Turn the handle again, and the curtain opens. Your vote counts.

That's it. Pretty simple. It's an electric voting machine and it's really cool.lol

1 comment:

ikacrut said...

iya iya, malah agak lebay bgt di sini . selalu digembor-gemborin from Menteng to White House lol .