Saturday, May 23, 2009

When I shop More than I Read

So, now you obviously know that I love reading and writing, right??
One day..I went to my town's library to get the book that I'd been wanting to read. I used the computer catalog and found the book was available. I went to the shelf that drives me nuts everytime! I'm not a crazy alphabetical order person and it confuses me! I still wanted to learn though. Just as I was telling myself, "I hope that librarian guy won't find me here and offer me help like usual because I really want to get the hang of this!" that guy saw me and said, "Need help, Nadhila?" (yes, he knew my name and that surprised me at first. Library is like the only place here to escape from reality. LOL. I often go there.)
I sighed, "Yes. I'm looking for Orhan Pam..."
"Orhan Pamuk! That should be down here!" he knealt down and got the book "Snow"
"Gee...thanks!"

When I was at the counter just about to check the book out, that librarian guy (I don't know what his name is. But he knows mine. How funny is that?) said, "Uuh...I'd like that card, but I don't think you would want to give that card to us," laughing.
I looked down to my hand and realized that instead of the library card, I pulled out my debit card!!
How embarrassing.

No comments: