Thursday, January 1, 2009

Made by hands, Packed by hands and Devoured by hands



If Thanksgiving is all about being together as a family, Christmas is certainly the Joy of Giving. Presents.Presents and Presents. That's all I could remember from my first Christmas celebration.
All the presents were piled up underneath the Christmas tree which we decorated the day before. The presents were amazingly from all around the world; because my host family used to host a couple foreign students in the past years. The stockings were fully filled.
The purpose of the stocking was for someone else to fill them with little things, such as pens, candies, mini body lotion, etc.
I didn't know that the presents were gonna be THAT MANY! From candies to jackets and shirts!
(^_^)
I thought it was just gonna be like one present from each person in the house, turned out that my host parents gave me a lot.

On Christmas Eve, me and my host family went to the Methodist Church. That was my first time to have been to a church. We sang Christmas songs and the pastor told us things about Jesus Christ. I got to taste a piece of bread dipped in red water (probably wine, I don't know) and that was the symbol of Christ's body and his blood.
We were also given a candle each person and lit them as the symbol of Christ enlightening the world. I had fun doing something I had never done before!

Back to the christmas tradition; we baked lots of sugar cookies and dipped pretzels in melted chocolate and decorated them with sprinkled colored sugar. Again, the tradition is to give out the handmade cookies to friends and families. It was amazing (I mean the tradition) of giving like that. My host family is very generous family and I could see that it has been their tradition for a very long time.

My first Christmas celebration(and probably my last) was a huge success! I would never forget that.

2 comments:

ikacrut said...

haha iya, waktu inagurasinya dia aja sampe disiain live di beberapa tv . ckck agak lebay hehe . oh ya ka, gimana orang2 si sana ?

ikacrut said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.