Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow day!!


Wednesday, 7:15 I opened my eyes and saw my lil' clock laying on my bed beside me. "Oh, arrgh...!" I got up and walked sleepily through the hallway towards the bathroom.
"Nadhila..."
"uh..huh.."
"School is on a two hour delay because of the snow. So instead of 8, it will start at 10."
"Yess!!!"
"But make sure you listen to the radio, in case it closes. It's freezing rain out there."

So I went to the bathroom to pee and to the kitchen to have a bowl of cereal.

7:30 "There is a rapid change of school closings now, let's see...Closed schools are Canton Central,..."
"Yeeeaaaaayyy!!! Moshi!! School's closed!!!!" I shouted to Mohsina's room as soon as I hear the news.
Yes, everything is informed by the TV stations and radio stations, here. I remember the day when there was a huge flood in Jakarta and none of us knew that the school was closed until my friends arrived there and had to move all the things in the classroom and there was some kind of electrical charge that ran through the water inside my classroom. Why weren't we well informed???

Before my host mum leave the house, she warned us not to go outside because the ice freezes on top, which makes it really slippery and dangerous to walk on. Dr Atkins (The Atkins diet) died because he slipped and hit his head on ice.

Until now, 8:40, it's still snowing outside and I feel like I wanna go out there and play on the snow!! Well, I did play on the snow and made a snowman yesterday evening with Pasca and Sussanah. Plan for today is; making snow white cookies, read novels and watch movies!!

1 comment:

egalita said...

Wow. It isn't snowing that much here! But I hope I can get several days off because of snow too... *males