Monday, September 29, 2008

Crisis Vs Food

The Wall Street's bailout news was everywhere! It was the headlines on newspaper and the radio kept going on about it. I don't really understand the whole thing of what's going on, but what I know is that US needs money. $700 billion, I think. (Wow!!)
Today at dinner, as usual we always have discussions on whatever felt like being discussed, so we talked about the US government (oh no! there's a test coming up this Friday!) and the role of women in Islam. Pretty hard stuff. I did my best to explain to them what Islam really is (though I know little about it) and that they don't have to be scared of Muslim. My host dad made a good point of wearing burqa, hijab, jilbab, head scarf, whatever you wanna call it. The Amish also wear those. What's the point of fussing around about what the Muslim women wears when the Amish, who aren't Muslim also covers their head?
Well, I guess I got another new perspective now.

Anyway, at school the student representatives had been talking about forming an International Club which I think is really great. I attended the meeting today and we brainstormed the ideas that could be used. I really wish this will work. One of the ideas that was mentioned was international food (which I totally agreed on! haha..) What can be more fun than eating food from other countries?! We have 5 exchange students here in Canton district; Thailand, Phillipines, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Ukraine. So if there's gonna be international food as well in the club; guess how many food we're gonna eat?!

Talking about food, we're gonna make pretzels tomorrow in my cooking class! By the way, my stomach is getting fatter (which is a bad thing. I don't want a fat stomach!) and right now, it really hurts because I ate too much today. I was kinda bored of the homework, so I went downtown to McD with my friends. I had an apple pie, a choc chip cookie and a cup of hot chocolate. As soon as I got home, my host parent were cooking steak!! I then ate the steak as well, of course. Not forgetting the salads and baked potatoes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha..ha..klo makan jangan ngotot gitu dongan, kayak besok ada peraturan pemerintah yang melarang orang untuk makan. Itu benda2 asing yang ada di luar tubuh jangan seenaknya dimasukkan ke badan, nanti klo badannya protes bisa berabe.